Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
Eurasia Group is a global research firm at the intersection of politics, policy, and the economy. We provide the marketplace with the best comprehensive and integrated set of political risk solutions, and unique and reliable insights from which to make key business decisions. Our clients range from macro hedge funds to institutional investors, from family businesses to the world’s largest multinational corporations. We also have B2C media arm called GZERO to serve both clients and a general audience. What they all share is a desire to better manage the risks and opportunities that flow from politics.
The Chief Marketing and Communications Officer reports to the CEO and is responsible for overall management and direction for internal and external marketing and communications. The CMCO will craft and execute the strategy and tactics to achieve our branding, content and business goals which drive our growth and commercial success. This role will work closely with our President, Vice Chairman, Publisher and other executives and management teams to develop and implement plans to grow EG and GZERO brand recognition and participation in EG and GZERO events and other “one-firm” initiatives. The person will also be responsible for creating and organizing the most unique, interesting, engaging, and dynamic content for all our communications and marketing needs. The ideal candidate will have experience leading marketing, communications, and graphic design teams, as well as extensive experience using all communications mediums.
More specifically, in this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing an EG/GZERO marketing and communications strategy that will:
- – Provide overall leadership in the recruiting, performance management, development, and retention of talent for the marketing and communications teams.
- – Manage operations within expected budget, scope of work and timelines.
- – Engage advisory clients, media, government, influencers, super fans, and followers/audience to further the mission of being the place people come to find out about the world.
- – Provide marketing support and graphic design solutions for internal and external clients.
- – Provide website management and curation of Eurasiagroup.net and other external facing platforms associated with our brand.
- – Evolve and enhance the EG brand strategy.
- – Monitor and enhance social media platform success.
- – Work with Business and Corporate leaders to effectively communicate key messages within their organizations and across the organization.
- – Ensure continuity of internal communications across all mediums (content, format, style, and consistency).
- – Enhance the public facing sides of EG/GZERO through media outreach on all platforms and communication plans to grow the audience and brand reach.
- – Work with partners on the public facing projects to ensure brand and message growth and consistency.
- – Manage and continuously improve the internal EG intranet/SharePoint sites.
- – Enhance marketing materials and strategies to engage with clients and external stakeholders.
- – Partner across the firm with the branding and marketing of events and campaigns.
- – Experience in leading corporate communications teams using all mediums (Master’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field preferred)
- – Editorial leadership expertise
- – Excellent written and oral communication
- – A data-driven and entrepreneurial mindset
- – A creative, resourceful, and continuous improvement orientation
- – Practical and working knowledge of communications related technology and social media
- – Relationships with CCOs and CMOs of major clients and prospects to enhance the client and prospect engagement strategy
At Eurasia Group, the health and safety of our employees are our top priority. Proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus is required as a condition of employment.
We strive to put politics first for our clients. This requires us to maintain a company culture that puts people first. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, empowering, and globally minded. We firmly believe that diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural background, religion, disability, and age brings ideas and perspectives to the table that make our analysis stronger for our clients and make our company a better place to work for our people. Our leadership team is committed to embedding diversity and inclusion into everything we do and how we lead.